Join us on Facebook
AMERICAN LEGION BMI POST 40
BMI POST 40
Post 40 has Applied for a grant from NV Energy (Please Read and vote Daily)
Thank you for submitting an application for the NV Energy Foundation “Power of Good Giveaway.” We are very pleased to inform you that your organization has met all of the eligibility requirements for entry into the giveaway.
The Foundation will award $30,000 statewide. A total of $10,000 for first place, $3,000 for second place and $2,000 for third place will be awarded to a non-profit operating in southern Nevada and to a non-profit operating in northern Nevada.
· Phase One of the giveaway launches March 12, 2018, at 8:00 a.m. PDT, on the official NV Energy Foundation Power of Good Giveaway voting portal, and will contain a northern bracket and a southern bracket.
· Phase Two of the giveaway continues March 15, 2018, at 8:00 a.m. PDT, for the top ten programs in the south and the top ten programs in the north.
· It is the responsibility of the nonprofit to promote the giveaway and obtain votes for their organization’s program.
· Voting is limited to one vote per day, per person.
· Must be a Nevada resident to vote.
· Results will be posted daily on NV Energy’s website throughout the giveaway.
· Voting ends at 11:59 p.m. PDT on March 16, 2018.
· Votes will be tallied from March 19, 2018 through March 20, 2018 and all entrants will be notified of results by email. Results will also be posted on NV Energy’s website.
· The program supporting veterans and active members of the military with the most votes WINS! In the event of a tie, the prize money will be split evenly among the tied organizations.
· Winners will not be eligible to enter future contests for 12 months.
The link to the voting portal is below. You may start sending out the link as part of your communication plan, however, the voting site will not be active until Monday, March 12, 2018, 8:00 a.m. PDT.
Click on link above starting 8 am March 12, 2018 through 8 am March 15 to vote. You may vote once each day. That completes phase 1. After 8 am on March 15, 2018 phase II begins and you can vote each day through and including march 16, 2018 11:59 PM. Post 40 could be given a grant of 10k, 3K, or 2K. This is a popularity contest most votes wins the money. PLEASE VOTE DAILY!!
FRIDAY March 2nd, 5-6:30 pm
Post FISH FRY
Food Service Every Friday
See Current Events for Bill of Fare
Next Post GENERAL
Thursday , March 1st, 2018
Since our charter in 1941, American Legion BMI Post 40, has been welcoming VETERANS from all branches of our Armed Forces. Today, we continue to welcome all military personnel serving our country. Joining our Post enables you to continue serving your God, Country and Community. Our mission is to implement the goals, aspirations, dreams, peace and blessings for our country, friends and families embodied in our preamble below.
VETERANS STANDING WITH
AMERICAN LEGION BMI POST40
PROUD VETERANS, HENDERSON, NEVADA
Preamble to the Constitution of the American Legion
FOR GOD AND COUNTRY WE ASSOCIATE OURSELVES TOGETHER
FOR THE FOLLOWING PURPOSES:
To uphold and defend the Constitution of the United States of America;
To maintain law and order;
To foster and perpetuate a one hundred percent Americanism;
To preserve the memories and incidents of our associations in the Great Wars;
To inculcate a sense of individual obligation to the community, state and nation;
To combat the autocracy of both the classes and the masses;
To make right the master of might;
To promote peace and goodwill on earth;
To safeguard and transmit to posterity the principles of justice, freedom and democracy;
To consecrate and sanctify our comradeship by our devotion to mutual helpfulness.
To the wonderful patriotic citizens of the Henderson/Green Valley community. Join our Post as a Sponsor. (click Sponsor Button for details). 100% of the monies raised are given back to the community. Help us to continue sponsoring Scholarships for our children; give aid and assistance to our local needy Veterans, and their families. Help us to continue to support financially worthy community programs and projects.